The Advanced Bobath Course in Barcelona - Day 3

The first morning in Spain that I needed the alarm! But as the scientists say, you need sleep to learn. While you are sleeping the things and skills you’ve learned get time to become refined. Anyway, I think the large amount of new knowledge and a huge expertise what I've had seen in demo’s is worth it.  






After a sweet dreams I started my day in a lightly rainy Barcelona. I didn’t thought it would rain in Spain, so no umbrella with me. I took some pictures from the city while walking to the clinic. There’s a green and a blue building and a picture from the crossroad where those building’s exist. After these I turned to the Rambla del Poblenou and cross the street where the tram (electric train) goes. Tram drives along the Avenida de Diagonal.


In the course we had third demostration with the young guy who has been there everyday with Lynne. It is hard to describe, but there has been lots of differentiation with his posture and movement patterns in only these three days. He said today that he had also gone sleep after yesterdays treatment. Good? -Yes! In the first day he couldn’t move his index finger but today after treatment it was possible. The hand wasn’t moving his trunk as in the beginning and he could now move trunk without arm moving. It was quite interesting to watch how Lynne worked with the patient. She couldn’t get him to learn proximally a new pattern to move if there was problem distally. And after that she gradually, and with the help of other therapists, helped him to get link from the left leg to the trunk and from the trunk to the hand. It was quite succesfull treatment session but took 1,5 hours. After therapy Lynne said that this kind of patient needs intensive therapy to achieve the best results. She would treat him 5 days a week and 1,5-2 hours a day. Now he has 1 hour treatment once a week. ”Not enough”, said Lynne. ”But that’s life”, she said also.


In the afternoon we had our own patients and lots of facilitation practice. I need to practice with my lumbricales and how to call the tissues in. It looks so easy when professional does that, but she is also very good to teach the handling step-by-step. I’m happy to be here even if I still got lots of work to do. Like my coursemate said: ”She is a pro and we are just junior’s. But we’ll learn”.

Hasta manana :)

Kommentit

Tämän blogin suosituimmat tekstit

Miks me ollaan kiinnostuneita siitä ns. paremmasta puolesta avh-kuntoutujilla?

EI IKINÄ

Päivitys - Bobath lähestymistapa neurologisessa kuntoutuksessa