Dear Diary 2022

My Dear Diary,

It's been a while since I wrote to you. At first, I thought to write about myself, who I am and what I do, and maybe what I like. Then I will write about the year 2022 so far. 

Sunset in Marstrand

I'm a physiotherapist Sanna Hosio and working in Fysios. My working place or "forge", whatever you wanna call it, is in Muurame and Jyvaskyla. I work with people who have suffered a stroke, traumatic brain injury, or spinal cord injury. Sometimes I also work with other neurological patients and also visit colleagues in other parts of Finland to consult them with their patients or clients. I love my work and I often think that my clients are the superheroes of their life and also mine. I really enjoy working with them and I think my first goal in physiotherapy is to do my best for them so that they can gain their goals and have more quality of life.

I'm also a Bobath therapist and an instructor trainee. That's why I also teach some courses about neurological physiotherapy. Teaching wasn't my plan at the beginning, but now when I have done it for almost 5 years already and have met lots of colleagues all over Finland, I have started to enjoy these moments too. Maybe the most important thing to me in teaching is that if somebody get's same sparkles in their eyes when working with neurological patients as I am, then it's worth it!

So that's me in year 2022!

What has happened this year... 

I started my teaching in Tampere in January. The day included theory about Bobath concept, clinical reasoning, and shortly basics about postural control, upper limb functions, and locomotion. But the wish was to do lots of practical and so we did.

Continuing Education in Sports Center Kauppi, Tampere

Fysios Akatemia in Jyvaskyla
We had two 5-days courses in Fysios Akatemia, in Jyvaskyla and Tampere. Overall 50 participants all over Finland learned and got deep knowledge about neurological physiotherapy. 


Fysios Akatemia in Tampere











The Basic Bobath course in Oulu was finished in February after lots of challenges with covid. Anyway, the course went well and I also finished my second assistantship as an instructor trainee.

The Bobath Basic course in Oulu and some practical hours

HUS, Helsinki University Hospital, and their physiotherapists, who work with acute and subacute patients, invited me to Tornisairaala, Meilahti. We discussed clinical reasoning in physiotherapy and I showed an example of case study, which presented the topic in practice. 

Neurological physiotherapists from Meilahti, Peijas and Jorvi, Helsinki University Hospital

My last teaching afternoon was in Hospital Nova, in Jyvaskyla. It was more from a practical point of view and the theme was postural control and upper limb. Time was flying and the flow of information was overwhelming. 
Physiotherapists in Hospital Nova, Jyvaskyla

If some of these colleagues read this diary, I really wanna thank you all who participated in these afternoons or days. I have enjoyed my time with you and hope you all enjoy your work and the moments with your patients. Keep up the great work!

I also had some own studies this year. First I started in Helsinki and got to know more about the Therapeutical movement and exercise by Ben Cormack. Then I went to Marstrand, Sweden for a workshop about clinical reasoning with Miguel Benito. and the continued the theme with Monica Morelli in the advanced Bobath course in Croatia. So it's been an amazing year after two years with covid restrictions.

Ben Cormack in Helsinki

It's been a long update to my diary, but it was nice to catch up some time and collect all the evidence about these moments. 

Thank you for joining me with this diary and I hope you lots of sun and fun in the spring!

Bobath and colleagues in Sweden
 TAB



Bobath Advanced course in Croatia

Kommentit

Tämän blogin suosituimmat tekstit

Miks me ollaan kiinnostuneita siitä ns. paremmasta puolesta avh-kuntoutujilla?

EI IKINÄ

Päivitys - Bobath lähestymistapa neurologisessa kuntoutuksessa